Time Until It's All Over:

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Farewell, Captain.


Schoooooooool's. out. for. summa.
Schoooooooool's. out. for. eva.
Schoooooooool's. been blown. to pieces.
Noooo more pencils, nooooo more boo-ooks. noo
o more teacher's dirty looks.

LOLJK. There's more books. Four, to be exact. God's Bits of Wood, The House of the Spirits, How to Read Literature Like A Professor and L'Étranger. There's also the good old math and chemistry textbooks that need to be studied for exams in September. And of course, there are more pencils - extended essay rough draft is due the first day back, as are the analyses for the books we have to read.

As for the teacher's dirty looks .. Well, the captain is retiring. Not that she's really big on the dirty looks. But she does have some highly entertaining facial expressions at times, which will be sorely missed. As will her stories of dancing on tables, stealing the attention at other people's weddings, being accused of trying to strangle students, sperm tadpoles, and dicks.

Mrs. Hanley, if you're reading this (which you better be!), I want you to know that we're all going to miss you like crazy. You are an amazing teacher and also an incredibly awesome person. Thank you for everything you've taught me this year, not to mention all the entertainment. The students in Korea are not going to know what hit them! Don't forget to blog - You know we'll all be following.

P.S. Now that you're retired, you should probably add me on Facebook. And follow me on Twitter. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone!
    I've started a FB group called NRHS CAS and I hope this will make it easier for you to contact me with any questions you may have about your CAS activities or share ideas with each other. (and make it easier for me to remind you about upcoming deadlines) Please join up.
    I hope you're all having a great summer!
    Mlle MacNeil

    P.S. If I'm your advisor, you can check in about EE too.

    ReplyDelete