Time Until It's All Over:

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Constant Gardener Assignment

Well... it's July 23rd and I feel as though I've had a long enough break from reading books that make me want to kill myself, so I started reading the Constant Gardener. On a scale from Harry Potter to the Scarlet Letter, I would rate it as being equally as annoying as the Grade 9 Etudes Atlantique text. Annoying and slightly painful, yet not so bad I want to poke my eyeballs out with a No. 2 pencil. Anyways, as I began the assignment (yay, homework!) I realized that all of my knowledge of literary techniques has pretty much vanished since the English exam, so after asking Wigg, who gave me some wonderful suggestions, I thought I would ask all of you other fools who have no life and actually are sitting here reading this .... what is the literary term for when a small portion of a text (like a paragraph or phrase) has a second meaning or underlying message ?

Thank you for your time and thought, now get back to your homework!

-Cookie :) <3

3 comments:

  1. You didn't enjoy the novel? I've still a tad bit of it left, but I think that it's quite good.
    This post makes me think I'm kinda behind on the summer homework; the only thing I've touched is the geo case study, and I've to finish that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is improving as it goes on, I only read the first ten chapters so far, and I am actually a bit into the story now, but I don't like the way it's written very much, it is really jumpy and a bit over descriptive at some points. However I think it is mostly because I don't understand where they work and what they do, it confuses me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so behind. I haven't started reading the book yet. I promised myself I'd start on August 1, hopefully I can stick to that. Expect roughly 5487538 questions from me though. Sorry, guys.

    ReplyDelete