Time Until It's All Over:

Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Year's Resolution

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm resolving to stop procrastinating on school work and actually be a good student. The fact that I'm writing this at 10:30 pm on January 3rd shows that this isn't exactly going to be the easiest goal for me, though the fact that I'm writing at all does say something; I've been meaning to post on this since September. Even in the 3 days that have elapsed in the new year I've already managed to leave my physics homework to the last minute and just not get around to about five other things I was planning to do over Christmas break. Nevertheless my basic plan is to:

1. Do assignments when they're assigned (more or less) and not the night before (or after)they're due.

2. Stay organized. I spent hours organizing my notes today an I'd like to see them stay this way.

3. Study. I know that it may sound a bit far-fetched, but studying for tests might enable me do get better marks.

4. Plan ahead. I'm going to try and start major assignments, like the IOP, Geo IA, and revising for exams, well in advance to avoid the stress and terrible marks that come with doing them at the last minute.

I've already accepted that this resolution is going to fail to some degree, but I'm still hoping to get success in some degree. Anyone else with me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the organization thing... my binders are a mess, and I have been much too lazy to do anything about it so far.
    However, I refrained from making a New Years Resolution as I never keep them. .. we'll see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a terrible history with resolutions, but I'm hoping that publicly announcing this one will help keep me on the straight and narrow.

    ReplyDelete