Time Until It's All Over:

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Aye Aye Captain

My Facebook message to Mrs Hanley:

"CAPTAIN HANLEY!!!


I'm not sure if you're going to be displeased by the fact that I am messaging you on Facebook, but I don't have your email address.

I'm currently working on my second world literature paper, and I was really panicking a few minutes ago because I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. In desperation, I looked through the folder on my computer of English assignments from last year, and... JACKPOT!
My paper is on the theme of man's inhumanity to man in The Constant Gardener and Night, and because of all those assignments on theme and imagery and symbolism that we all whined about at the time, I'm likely going to finish my paper within the next couple of hours.
So, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU and I hope you're having a wonderful time in Korea. The students there are so lucky to have you. All of us IBs back here at NRHS really miss you!"

And her response:

"Kara...Of course I am not displeased by the fact that you are messaging me on facebook, I am so glad to hear from you!! And I thank you for your kind words...I think about all of you and wonder how things are going. My email is hanley3@gmail.com and I welcome all email messages, so please pass this along to the other IB students as I miss you all and think of you often. I am having the time of my life...a great decision to be sure...Tell Sarah Cooke I was talking about her to one of my students just yesterday because she is a Harry Potter fan...and I said well I don't think you are as much as a fan as one of my students back in Canada. I love my classes, in many ways they are typical grade 7 and 8 students yet in many ways they are not... I have had so many experiences here it is hard to summarize them ..but I have had trips to Nepal, Hong Kong, Tanzania, Taiwan, Cambodia, Thailand and this Thursday I go to Japan for 4 days and then for March break I am going to Bali ( I am meeting my husband there for a week) . So it has been an incredible year.. Please pass my best wishes on to your class and all the teachers and staff at NRHS. Don't forget to follow my blog theadventures of captain hanley I am a little behind in terms of getting pictures up but hope to update soon.. I will be in my house in Braeshore for the moth of July so maybe some of you can come and visit and let me know how your year went and what your plans for next year are...

Take care Kara..
Cathy"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 comment: